Monday, October 16, 2017

Process





Artist Statement
          
          I am focusing on the cycle that my two indoor cats go through every morning. They are fed and then they go sit by the window to watch the birds eat in the trees nearby. They do not physically go outside, yet when they gaze out the window they feel the wind and sun and hear the birds. 

  • I want to try to capture some of these emotions I believe my cats are feeling.  The full immersion of the outdoors is displayed in the first image by constructing the background from tree branch images.
  • Cat food pellets are also included because being fed marks the beginning of the cycle. 
  •  The warm colored image depicts my cat yawning or bearing his teeth. This enforces the concept that cats pose a danger to birds, in the natural world. 
  • The cool tones are used to enforce the dusk lighting that exists as the sun rises every morning
I plan to add images of the window frame and rectangle shapes to visually represent the struggle of being contained by walls opposed to the freedom of the outdoors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FInal